Sectional doors are a great choice when choosing a garage door for your home.
They can be easily customised, and come in a wide range of colours, materials and sizes, made to suit any home.
As one of the leading garage door suppliers in Australia, we see sectional doors growing steadily in popularity. Here we’ll show you some of the benefits and reasons why homeowners choose sectional garage doors time and time again.
What are sectional garage doors?
Sectional garage doors are made of panels that slide up on tracks to sit horizontally across your garage ceiling when opened. They are also known as panel lift doors, sliding garage doors, overhead garage doors or an ‘up and over’ door.
A sectional door can be easily customised and made from a wide range of materials including wood, steel, aluminium and acrylic, with windows as an added option.
Here are five reasons we love sectional garage doors…
1. Enhanced Insulation
Unlike roller doors where there are lots of small moving parts on the door, the large panels of a sectional door leave’s room for them to be insulated. Each panel can be filled with high-quality insulation materials.
Benefits of having your garage door insulated include:
- Improved energy efficiency, particularly if you are heating or cooling inside your house and garage.
- Better temperature control, keeping your garage cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Reduction in noise levels, keeping both the noise you make in, and your neighbour’s noise out. This is particularly important if you want to soundproof your garage.
- Extra protection in extreme weather conditions, which can be critical in harsh Australian climates (like during a tropical North Queensland storm or cyclone). As a bonus, all our Steel-Line sectional doors come with a weatherproof seal across the bottom of the door.
Whether you want to soundproof for band practice while you’re playing the drums, or are concerned about the extreme weather in your area, an insulated sectional door will give you all the benefits you’re looking for.
2. Space Optimisation
The functional elements of a sectional panel door make it a great space saver. The door works by sliding the panels vertically along a track to sit across the top of your garage. This means there is no swing-out space required, so you can park your car right next to the door and still be able to operate it. This makes a sectional door perfect for driveways with limited space.
The ceiling space the door uses means you can’t store things up high, however, but a sectional door will leave all your garage walls free for other garage storage ideas.
3. Improved Aesthetics
Sectional garage doors are arguably the best-looking option for a home front. They can be customised in a variety of ways, with a long list of colours, materials and sizes to choose from. This means you can design your garage door to match your existing home’s style and can add extra curb appeal to your home.
Sectional door styles include glacier, slimline, flatline, ranch and heritage.
Our range of customisable materials for sectional doors includes:
4. Increased Value of Property
A new sectional garage door is a modern and functional upgrade that can add value to your property. A lot of the features that come with sectional garage doors can add increased market value to your home, including:
- Automatic openers.
- Strong and quiet hinges that make your door almost silent.
- Auto-reverse systems for safety, to stop the door from closing on people or objects.
- Optional photo eye systems to stop the door from even touching people or objects in the way. The opener will take over and stop the door from hitting things in the first place.
- Finger-proof safety, making the doors pinch-proof and family-friendly.
Sectional garage doors are made with sturdy materials and are designed to withstand daily wear and tear, making them a durable choice for your garage. In fact, our Steel-Line range of sectional door springs are made to last more than 20,000 door cycles! From the spring to the cable and all the moving parts in between, Steel-Line sectional garage doors are engineered for long-term durability.
Sectional doors can be made to add durability to your house too. The strength of BlueScope steel (one of the materials used for sectional doors), for example, is designed to withstand severe weather conditions.
Your sectional garage door can also be made with a heavy-duty bottom rail, which increases the strength of the lower part of the door and makes your garage even more weatherproof. Available for all sectional doors in our Steel-Line garage door range.
Choosing a sectional garage door for your home
If you’re trying to decide what type of garage door to choose for your home, you won’t regret choosing a sectional garage door. Especially if you choose a Steel-Line sectional door.
Our garage doors are designed tough while being completely customisable to match the style of your home. If you want a door that looks good and functions even better, look no further than a Steel-Line sectional door.
Need help finding the right garage door for you? Browse our wide range of garage doors, or contact us to book a free measure and quote.