To make sure your garage door runs smoothly, it should be lubricated every 3-6 months.
1. Guide Tracks: (Rolling Doors) Clean the internal sections of the guide tracks with a cloth dampened with mineral turps or methylated spirits. Polish vigorously to achieve a smooth, dirt and moisture resistant surface, allowing the flexible braid to glide more easily.
DO NOT USE GREASE OR OIL ON THE GUIDE TRACKS.
Take care as the edges of tracks may be sharp.
(Sectional Garage Doors) Should be cleaned as per rolling door instructions, but do not require polishing of the internal guide tracks.
2. Steel Hinges: (If fitted). Sparingly lubricate with an all purpose machine oil. Also lubricate wheel to axle bearings.
3. Plastic Hinges: No lubrication is generally required, however silicon spray may be used if necessary.
4. Springs: (Where accessible). Wipe over with an oily rag.
5. Locks: Your lock does not require special maintenance, however if the key becomes stiff, a spray lubricant such as RP7 is recommended. Do not grease the lock.
6. Garage Door Openers: If you have an opener fitted to your garage door it is important that you ensure the optimum operation of your garage door, otherwise you may reduce the effective life of the opener, and void your opener warranty. For more information refer to the maintenance schedule in your opener’s instruction handbook.
7. Opener Chain: (If fitted). Lubricate with Chain Lube.
For more information or booking a garage door service, please call us on 1300 767 900 today.