Are you considering garage door options for your home? If you are, then you have probably taken a look at some of the luxurious garage door options available, such as wood. Wood is one of the few natural, renewable building materials. The natural colours and beautiful marks can add a charming appeal to your home.
The only problem with a natural wood garage door is its cost. It is expensive. And if you are working on a smaller budget, then it is probably not an option for you. However, you will be glad to know that there are some affordable alternatives to the more luxurious options in the market, such as timber look garage doors.
Timber look garage doors are designed to mimic the look and feel of natural wood. And thanks to modern manufacturing techniques, these garage doors offer almost all the benefits of natural timber at a much lower cost.
Top 4 comparison points on which to base your garage door purchase decision
- The DecoWood® garage doors are made from Australian BlueScope® Steel. Steel-Line uses a unique manufacturing process to create durable marine-grade powder coating and an incredibly natural 3D timber finish. Unlike timber, DecoWood® garage doors won’t warp, shrink, splinter or rot. They require little maintenance and are also completely impervious to termites.
- The Unicode® LUX garage doors are made from an imported pre-painted steel product. UniCote® uses a hot-dipped aluminium/zinc alloy-coated steel substrate. The outer layer is a polyester topcoat, using the latest infrared reflective pigments, baked onto a polyester primer. The result is an extremely durable paint system built to resist UV damage from Australia’s harsh sun, providing excellent colour and gloss retention.
- The Colorbond® timber look garage doors are made from Australian BlueScope® Steel. Thanks to the five-layer design of Colorbond® steel, it provides corrosion resistance and a durable baked-on paint finish, making it look great and easy to maintain.
- The DecoWood® garage doors are available in 12 timber colours shown below.
- The Unicode® LUX timber look garage doors are available in 6 timber colours shown below.
- The Colorbond® timber look garage doors are available in 4 timber colours shown below.
- The DecoWood® garage doors are available in five sectional door profiles and two finish options (woodgrain finish and smooth finish).
- The Unicode® LUX garage doors are available in three sectional door profiles (Flatline, Slimline and Glacier). Ashwood has a smooth finish whilst other “Timbers of the World” series have a slightly textured finish.
- The Colorbond® timber look garage doors are available in three sectional door profiles (Flatline, Slimline and Glacier). They are available in woodgrain finish only.
The cost comparison of those timber look materials is shown below:
Contact us today if you would like assistance determining the right type of garage door for your needs. Our experienced Product Consultants have helped countless customers find the ideal garage doors for their home and we would be honored to help you find yours.
Request a Free Measure & Quote
Please fill in the contact form below. We will contact you as soon as possible.