If you currently have a manual garage door, you may not realise how much more convenient, simpler, and safer your life could be with an automatic garage door opener. Whether you’re installing a new garage door or wish to add an opener to your existing door, there are a wide range of benefits to making your door automatic. A door opener for your garage is one of those things that once you have it, you’ll wonder how you ever got by without it.
Those mornings where you have to organise the kids for school and yourself for work can feel like a finely tuned procedure where every second counts. With an automatic garage door, you can open your garage with a click of a button, never having to leave the kids in the car alone.
Protection from the weather
Ever come home from work or popping to down to the shops, only for it to start raining, meaning you must get soaked just to open your manual door? With an automatic door, you don’t have to get wet, and neither does the inside of your car. Not only do you get to stay dry, but you can also avoid nasty injuries from slipping on wet driveways.
There are many safety benefits to an automatic garage door. When you return late at night, you can have that extra peace of mind of not having to leave the car until you’re safely inside. You can also avoid any potential injuries from manually having to open the door and an automatic garage door can be easily opened by older relatives and anyone with a physical disability.
Speaking of open doors, ever been driving along and suddenly wonder whether you left the door open or not? Our garage door openers come with an In-Built Safety Timer, which means your door closes automatically after a certain amount of time, meaning you no longer have to worry about that niggling thought in the back of your mind.
Auto Reversal System
No one wants their garage door to collide with their car. Not only is it dangerous, but you could also end up having two problems to fix. With an auto-reverse system, your door can detect any obstruction, and when it does, it will immediately begin to retract. So, whether you mistimed pulling out of the garage, or accidentally close the door while some boxes are in the way, this nifty feature is something that only has to work once for you to be thankful you have it.
A range of features
Though the obvious reason to buy an automated door opener is in the name, there are a range of features that come with your new door, including
- Lighting – great for seeing what you’re doing and can also work as an extra safety measure
- Quiet operation: You never need to choose between parking outside and waking up the neighbourhood – Steel-Line openers operate quietly to minimise noise disturbance.
- Remote handset and courtesy light: Forget about stumbling through the dark at night. When used, our smartly designed garage door remotes automatically switch on a courtesy light to help you get to your car safely.
- Photo Electric Beams – a great feature for families, especially if you have small children or pets.
- Wireless Keypad – easily programmable, with the option of short term and long-term passwords.
- Electronic Key Switch – This allows entry into your garage from outside, via a key lock. Useful when the remote handset is not available.
Operate your Home with Smart Devices
Technology has come a long way in the last few years, and the humble garage door hasn’t been left behind. With smart devices becoming the new norm, it only makes sense that you can now operate your door completely from the convenience of your phone.
The Powermesh allows your garage door to be operated through a phone app or even voice control, all through your smart device. Garage doors have never been as easy to use or as convenient.
With Powermesh and the Zimi Cloud, your door will connect to all your smart home devices. Here are just some of the advantages:
- Use your smart device as a remote: No need to worry about losing a remote. With Powermesh you can operate your garage through your app or even with voice activation.
- Operate and check on your garage door’s status from anywhere: Your days of worrying if you left the garage door open are over. The Zimi app allows you to check the status of your garage at any time. You can also open your garage from anywhere if need be.
- Connect to other smart devices: The future is here. Your garage can become part of your smart home network, using the latest technology to make your life easier.
Upgrading your garage door is not only one of the easiest renovations you can do to your home, but it also has a high investment return and can really add to your home’s curb appeal. Most people if they had the choice, would choose the convenience of an automatic garage door over a manual, and this includes any potential buyers. Installing a new garage door is the best type of renovation because it has both aesthetic and practical value, without costing you an arm and a leg.
Quick Tips for Installing an Opener
Make sure you choose the right opener for your doors. Sectional Doors and Roller Doors require different types of door openers, so be sure to purchase an opener that suits you. Not sure? Ask one of our friendly team for advice on the perfect opener for you.
Can I install a door opener myself?
Yes, but we recommend you have at least an intermediate DIY skill level and someone else to help you. This isn’t a solo job or a project for beginners. If you do not have any experience or you’re not sure about installing an opener yourself, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team. In fact, if you have any questions about door openers, installation or want an obligation free quote, get in touch with Steel-Line today. Steel-Line has branches across Australia including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and many other locations
If you’re looking to purchase some accessories, looking to install a new garage door, or have any questions at all, please call us today on 1300 767 900 or contact us here.