Keeping everything organised in your garage can be difficult, but with a little imagination and some repurposed household items, you won’t have to think twice about keeping things tidy. Here are some innovative ways to keep your garage organised:
- Get rid of unpleasant stains on your garage door by washing the surface with warm soapy water. DO NOT use any harsh chemicals since they could dull the brilliant surface or damage the paint.
- Create an easy hanger using a piece of wood and a bungee cord. You can hang things that would normally be scattered on the floor or in a drawer like sunglasses, electrical cords, and scarves. Mount them to a wall for decorative storage!
- Keeping nails and screws organized is easy when you simply take empty jars and put your screws in the jars, and then label the jar with the size of the screws that are inside.
- Ever gone to grab a sticky tape from your cabinet and accidentally knocked everything else over? Solve this problem with a hanging shoe organiser or similar compartmental device.
- Sometimes the shelf needs extra dividers. Use plastic containers or shoe boxes to organise different types of items and you’ll always know where to look. A similar idea can be used to organise items in drawers.
- Many of us store large tools like rakes and shovels in our garages. To keep your garage neat and organised, build a rack for these tools. Just take a flat piece of timber, cut slots for the tools to stand in, and attach it to the wall as you would a shelf. You can then slot your tools in and keep them out of the way.
- Mount a pool noodle to the wall of your garage so that when you open your car door you can prevent damage to both the wall and your vehicle.
- If you have oil stains, such as on the garage floor, use clay cat litter to absorb it. Simply pour a layer on the spilt area and let it sit for a couple of hours or up to a couple of days, depending on how large the spill is. Then clean up the litter with a broom.