Your Colorbond steel garage door has been pre-painted with a special formulation, providing a long lasting and durable coloured finish. However good a product may be, all exposed surfaces require some attention to guard against corrosion and any other harmful atmospheric effects. Washing the garage door with clean water and a cloth at least every six months is recommended. More frequent washing is advised in salty or industrialised areas. For other custom and wooden garage doors consult the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Protect all powder coated joinery
- Remove unwanted paint & sealants
- Use recommended solvents for stubborn stains only
- Regularly inspect
- Clean in mild conditions
- Use aggressive solvents
- Rub powder coated surface excessively
- Allow sunscreen to come into contact with coated surfaces
- Neglect recommended care and maintenance schedules
REMEMBER, WHEN YOU THINK OF CLEANING YOUR CAR, THINK OF YOUR GARAGE DOOR.
NOTE: THE OPENER IS AN ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE AND IT COULD BE EASILY DAMAGED IF IT GETS WET.
DO NOT WASH THE OPENER, AS IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY AND COULD CAUSE ELECTROCUTION.