At Steel-Line, we are pleased to announce today the release of Biowood® garage doors. The Biowood® wood composite products are created using 0.85 density natural cellulose fibre from plantation harvested
timber, and combined with specially formulated resin.
Biowood® cladding meets the requirement for bush fire resisting timber and is deemed to be acceptable to withstand exposure up to BAL-29 conditions, as specified in AS 3959:2009 Construction of Buildings in bush fire prone areas Appendix F.
With Biowood® sanded finish and unique manufacturing process, these doors are not only beautiful to look at, but also robust, versatile and designed to withstand the Australian harsh climate conditions.
Why you should choose a Biowood® garage doors
- Retains the natural aesthetic timber look and feel
- Light weight
- Designed to withstand the harsh Australian climate – no splinters, cracks, warping, cupping or rot
- Durable – water, mould, mildew, and termite resistant
- Bushfire resistant (conforms up to BAL-29 as per AS 3959:2009 Appendix F)
- Time tested suitability for marine, intertidal and salt spray environment
- UV stable under normal environmental conditions, even in full sun, when coated with Biowood® water based coating
- Easy and concealed installation
- Virtually maintenance free – depending on north orientation, coating will last for 3 times longer than normal UV coating
- Environmentally friendly – sustainable timber alternative, fully recyclable
- Can be re-sanded & re-sealed
- Trusted brand by Global Green Tag
Profile and Colour Options:
Providing Australian homeowners with both durability and style, the Biowood® garage doors come in three attractive colours: Spotted Gum, Jarrah and Weatherwood.
These doors are constructed with Biowood® architectural profiles and are available in 150mmx18mm Shiplap, 65mmx16mm Slat and 88mmx12mm Tongue & Groove profiles.