We are closely monitoring and responding to COVID-19 as it evolves in Australia. Our top priorities are the satisfaction and support of our customers and partners, as well as the health and wellbeing of the employees of BX Bunka Australia, including Steel-Line Garage Doors, Steel-Line Garage Doors WA, Dynamic Door Service, Arco Architectural Systems and Retrotech Door Services.
Due to the current lockdowns and restrictions in NSW, Victoria and South Australia, please note the following temporary changes to branch operations in the impacted areas.
SYDNEY / WOLLONGONG
The Steel-Line and Dynamic branches in Sydney and the Steel-Line branch in Wollongong are now CLOSED until 30th July 2021.
As per the guidelines set out by the NSW government, all activity will be paused with the exception of critical repairs to any premises where required for emergency, safety or security.
The Steel-Line and Dynamic branches in Newcastle remain OPEN and continue to operate as normal however will temporarily not be able to enter the Greater Sydney area.
The Steel-Line and Dynamic branches in Campbellfield and the Steel-Line branches in Dandenong and Geelong are CLOSED to the public however continue to operate with Covid-safe precautions.Installers and Resellers are able to access the branches for work purposes.
As per the guidelines set out the Victorian State Government, construction can continue during the lockdown for unoccupied premises and new builds, however repairs and maintenance in residential premises are only allowed if they are an emergency or required for safety.
The Steel-Line and Dynamic branches in Adelaide are now closed until 27th July 2021.
As per the Level 5 restrictions set out by the SA government, all activity will be paused with the exception of critical repairs to any premises where required for emergency or safety.
It’s business as usual at all other Steel-Line and Dynamic branches outside of these impacted areas as well as at Arco Architectural Systems and Retrotech Door Services.
The disruption caused by COVID-19 will continue for some time however we are confident in our ability to respond to these challenges as we try and minimise any disruption for our customers.
Whilst we are doing everything we can, there may be a potential impact or delay to your supply and we appreciate your understanding as we work through this difficult situation.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves. If your order is affected, our dedicated team at your local branch will be in contact with you shortly.
I’d like to personally thank you for your business and ongoing support and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.
BX BUNKA AUSTRALIA
2nd September 2020
CUSTOMER AND PARTNER UPDATE
EASING OF VICTORIA STAGE FOUR RESTRICTIONS
To our valued customers and partners,
Yesterday evening the Victorian government announced that, effective immediately, the following changes have been made to the small-scale construction industry covering residential construction.
- For work carried out after the completion of fixing stage (as defined in the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995), workers will no longer be limited to 3 sites per week.
- In each of the above scenarios, workers will still be limited in accordance with the Workplace Directions clause relating to movement of workers (‘Reducing work across multiple sites’, clause 7 (17-20)). This means that employers must limit the movement of workers as much as it is reasonably practical to do so.
- Work sites must make every effort to minimise the numbers of workers on site at any one time. It would be expected that there would not be more than five workers and a supervisor on site at any one time, unless it were absolutely necessary for that activity due to safety.
- Site finishing and completion activities are considered an ancillary activity towards the construction industry and therefore can continue to operate. The site finishing activities are to be undertaken in line with the existing worker mobility clause in the Workplace Directions. The Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995 has prescribed stages of building work for the purpose of progress payments to residential builders. Site finishing is understood as any works following completion of the ‘fixing stage’.
- “Fixing Stage” is defined as the stage when all internal cladding, architraves, skirting, doors, built-in shelves, baths, basins, troughs, sinks, cabinets and cupboards of a homeare fitted and fixed in position.
We welcome the Victorian governments updates to “clear the bottlenecks” created in the small-scale residential construction industry prior to the roadmap being announced this coming Sunday.
So, whilst not yet back to “business as usual” for Steel-Line Garage Doors and Dynamic Door Service, our teams are back on deck to start to work through the current backlog In accordance with the current guidelines.
For sites that are confirmed as having completed the “fixing stage”, we will be:
- Scheduling installations, working with our customers to determine their priority doors
- Completing as many site measures as possible.
- Service work will still be strictly limited to emergency services only where safety or security is compromised.
The easing of restrictions is welcome news for our industry and I’d like to acknowledge our partners, including the Master Builders Victoria, HIA and the AI Group, for their relentless lobbying of the government to get our concerns and recommendations onto the agenda.
I’d like to thank our valued customers and suppliers for their ongoing patience and support during this difficult period and also acknowledge our Victorian teams for their unwavering dedication and service.
CEO – BX BUNKA AUSTRALIA
7th August 2020
CUSTOMER AND PARTNER UPDATE VICTORIA STAGE FOUR RESTRICTIONSTo our valued customers and partners, Yesterday evening the Victorian government provided further clarity on Stage Four Restrictions and business operating reductions for the construction industry. For small-scale residential construction, the following now applies for each site from 11.59 Friday 7th August.
- reduce the number of people on-site to five people plus a supervisor at any one time
- limit movement of workers between different sites where possible, and only with appropriate guidance
- supervisors can move between sites and specialist trades can move between up to three sites per week, subject to enhanced COVID safe practices.
- Steel-Line Dandenong and Geelong trucks will depart as scheduled. Steel-Line Campbellfield and Dynamic Campbellfield trucks have been temporarily put on hold.
- With the exception of Steel-Line Geelong, Victorian door production from week commencing Monday 10th August will be put on hold until customer priority doors and installations can be determined.
- Priority doors are doors which must be installed in the next six weeks, or current Stage Four restriction period. Your current orders will be sent to you by email early next week. Please review and inform us of any priority doors by 5pm Wednesday 13th Alternatively, please feel free to send through any priorities directly to your account manager / representative by this date.
- Steel-Line Geelong, at this stage, remains in Stage Three restrictions so will continue to operate under the current guidelines and transport arrangements.
- Measures will be determined on an individual basis as these are also restricted to three sites per week.
- All servicing of doors will be strictly limited to emergency services only where safety or security is compromised.
6th August 2020
CUSTOMER AND PARTNER UPDATE VICTORIA STAGE FOUR RESTRICTIONSTo our valued customers and partners, We are closely monitoring and responding to COVID-19 as it evolves in Victoria and continue to seek clarity on how the Stage Four restrictions impact the residential building industry from Friday, 7th August. As you are undoubtedly aware, this is a fluid situation and we, along with many others, are awaiting decisions from the Victorian government on the ability for workers to be allowed to work across multiple sites during Stage Four restrictions. As of now this is still very unclear. Our top priorities remain, supporting of our customers and partners and the health and wellbeing of our employees. To date, we have put in place the following: 1. Enacted and communicated a Universal COVID Safe Plan to all Victorian branches and staff outlining strict protocols around hygiene, cleaning, physical distancing, limiting workplace attendance, record keeping and detailing numerous response scenarios as per the Victorian State Authorities minimum requirements and using their templates. 2. All Steel-Line and Dynamic Door Service employees in Victoria have been issued with Permitted Worker Permits and have been instructed to carry these on their person at all times. 3. All sub-contractors have been given Permitted Worker Permit templates and instructions on how to complete. They will be unable to undertake any work for any of our businesses without first confirming that they have completed a Permitted Worker Permit and they have it available for inspection at all times. 4. Activity Logs have been supplied to all employees, contractors and subcontractors to ensure accurate records are kept of sites visited, times, dates and contact persons. We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves. If your order is affected, our dedicated team at your local branch will be in contact as soon as possible. I’d like to personally thank you for your business and ongoing support, and we look forward to serving you for many years to come. Keep safe. Aaron Dillaway CEO – BX BUNKA AUSTRALIA
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES FOR BX BUNKA EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS FIELD BASED AND CUSTOMER FACING TEAMSDear customer, During the COVID-19 outbreak, our primary focus is on the safety and well-being of our valued customers, employees and contractors of BX Bunka Australia, including Steel-Line Garage Doors, Steel-Line Garage Doors WA, Dynamic Door Service, Arco Architectural Systems and Retrotech Door Services. I’d like to provide an outline on the preventative and precautionary actions that we are undertaking to support this focus on safety and well-being as our representative will be coming to your residence or business to undertake their work. We have implemented several actions for all BX Australia employees and contractors, including our field-based and customer facing teams. 1. All employees must inform their manager before they attend work if they are not feeling well and if required, adhere to our comprehensive isolation policy. This is without exception. 2. All employees must adhere to our strict hygiene policy guidelines including frequently washing and sanitising hands, avoiding unnecessary contact and using appropriate wipes and cleaning materials to wipe down any surfaces touched on your property. 3. All employees must adhere to social distancing measures– no handshaking or close contact and they will endeavour to remain a minimum of 1.5 meters from you, your family or your colleagues at all times. The disruption caused by COVID-19 will continue for some time however we are confident in our ability to respond to these challenges as we try and minimise any disruption for our customers. Should you have any special requests whilst our representatives are on-site please let them know and they will be happy to oblige. In the event of a shutdown, all branches will continue to have emergency contacts should you require any immediate assistance. I’d like to personally thank you for your business and ongoing support, and we look forward to serving you for many years to come. Aaron Dillaway CEO – BX BUNKA AUSTRALIA